Sunday, September 16, 2012

New. New. New. Job. School. Stuff.

I have finally started my new job.  It's been a little bit different than expected because I was hired for one position but am currently working in a completely different position because another person decided to leave the company.  Working in this position is definitely going to test moments of my patience because I'm doing something that I never wanted to do and I don't particularly love.  However, the benefits far out weigh my former statement.  I love the office and I love working with my new coworkers in a really great atmosphere.  Although I am doing something much different than I was  hired to do, and something that I had never intended on doing, I think that it is the best learning experience I could have at this moment.  I've gotten a lot of really great work experience, but this new position is going to help me further build my resume by giving me experience in a new field in the business industry.      

I've also started school.  It's hard.  Not so much because the academics are difficult or mind-blowing, it's hard because it's time consuming.  I've always hated 3 hour classes.  I thrive in an 1:30 minute class period environment, after that I struggle to pay attention, especially after an 8 or 9 hour work day.  But anyway, all of my classes for this semester are at least 3 hours long, the longest one is 5 and a half hours long,,,. on a Saturday.  Anyway, with work and all of life's craziness, it's exhausting.  Even though there are days that I come home dead on my feet, I love school and I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to learn something new and try something different.  I just wish that it wasn't going to take me so long to get my license.  It's going to take a lot of money, and probably 2 years before I will have finally completed the licensing requirements.  But at least I will have a lot of new opportunities for work and for entertainment at that point.  

   
       








 



No comments:

Post a Comment