I find the topic of loyalty to be so mind-boggling. I form loyal allegiances fairly
easily. I’ve begun to realize that
my loyal tendencies, while making me a very nice person, always land me up the
river without a stupid paddle. I
have a number of amazing friends and family members that have my back, I really
do, but I find it entertaining to note where other people’s allegiances lie and
how they form those bonds.
I’m often the girl that goes around finding rides for drunk
friends, taking them home myself, or forcing them to sit down at Denny’s with
me for several hours. I’m usually
the one who texts them to make sure they got home. I’ve saved countless girls from making poor drunken
decisions and I’ve been the go-to confidant for the guys who are in the midst
of a girl problem. I generally help
them figure out what is going wrong, I occasionally even coach guys (some
friends, some that I’ve even dated,) on how to date better. I call them out on their bullshit and I
tell them when they are acting like a 5 year old, instead of a 25 year old. I’m a supportive friend, and I always
want my friends to know and remember that I am here to chat when they need to,
and I’ll wait patiently when they need time.
I know that there are seasons to every friendship, but I
wish that it didn’t have to be that way.
I wish that I hadn’t have had to say a goodbye, for an indefinite period
of time – possibly forever- to someone who’s companionship I had truly come to
enjoy. I wish that said person
knew and understood what was going through my head and that I knew what was
going through his, and maybe, just maybe a small disagreement wouldn’t have
ruined a relationship. I form
loyal ties easily, but not everyone does, so now I must continue living life
and moving forward. I
didn’t know that a simple hug would end up being the kiss goodbye, but now I do.
No comments:
Post a Comment