Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Oh Hello.... DON'T BE RUDE.

Today I was appalled by a situation that may or may not have occurred at work.  
Before I get into the specifics of the situation, I would like to take a moment to say that I am allergic to the world and I have a limited list of foods that I can safely eat.  

Okay, so..   Today, one of the girls at work brought in some homemade muffins and zucchini bread.  Obviously this person was very gracious and did this out the goodness of her heart.  Unfortunately, I was unable to eat any of the treats because of my dietary restrictions, however, I always thank the baker regardless, because baking takes time, energy, and money and it's nice of her to share those things with us.   One of my other co-workers proceeded to gather some of the yummy treats and head over to the baker's desk to thank her.  This co-worker of mine proceeded to thank the baker and then tell her that the next time she makes anything, she should add nuts.  Apparently the zucchini bread was lacking nuts and was not up to the co-workers expectations.  Personally, I view the co-worker's initial request for a change in the recipe to add nuts is kind of rude because it was nice enough for the baker to bring in some treats, why should she take suggestions on how to bake the treats to make any one particular person happy?         
If that was not rude enough the co-worker then said to the baker "you've made gluten free food for Jenae before, so I don't see why you can't make something with nuts for me."  This instantly ticked me off.  As I have already said, in my opinion this is quite rude because the baker never had to bring in goodies anyway and no one should expect them to be any certain way... if you don't like it or don't want it then DON'T EAT IT.   But then to add in my allergy issues as a reason that the baker should in fact include nuts in a recipe is downright annoying.  I have never asked the baker to bring in foods that I can eat, however, I am grateful when she does.  However, baking food that I can eat is a hassle and I would never expect someone to bake that way.  I also would never ask someone to add nuts or any other thing to accommodate me when they are baking or cooking, IT'S RUDE.  

No comments:

Post a Comment