Saturday, May 5, 2012

What are your pet peeves?  I mean, what truly annoys the hell out of you?
 
I think that my biggest pet peeve is probably rude people.  Yes, that it is.
                                                 WhY?
Because it encompasses so many other pet peeves, and lets face it, I'm not
the most patient of people and I may or may not have a large number of
pet peeves.  When I say that my biggest pet peeve is rude people, I could
mean the guy who cut in front of me in line, my roommate who refuses
to do her dishes, my good friend who is always a half-hour late to our
lunch dates, someone saying her or she will call but doesn't, or any number
of other behaviors that are deemed by my current cultural society to be "rude".

While all of the "pet peeves" that I have listed could be considered rudeness
in its true form, they could also be considered accidents.  For example the
man in the grocery store line may not have realized that I was waiting;
or my roommate simply did not have time do her dishes and plans to later;
or my good friend has to sit through unpredictable traffic; or someone's
phone broke so they were unable to call; or or or.....

I do not like rude people.  But maybe the people I deem to be "rude" really
aren't being rude at all.  Maybe I should give him or her the benefit of the doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment