Maybe because I don't like the unseen, the sneaky, or the deceptive.
I am to much like my mother.
(Love her to death, although sometimes she drives me batty, but I feel as though it's her right. She's a great mom and she taught me well. And hopefully she's teaching me how to drive my future children batty too.)
Anyway, I take after my mother in this sense. I don't like lies, deception, or trickery, and there is nothing worse then lying about what happen, or the situation, or the truth.
If someone has to sneak around to obtain whatever it is that they are after, then they probably shouldn't be doing it and they know it.
Those moments of sneaky, deceptive behavior can come in many forms. Sometimes it comes in hearing someone tell and out right lie, or a white lie, or something different all together.
They can come in a number of other ways, in less important moments that eventually begin to add up.
Like that moment when you realized that someone ate all of your ice cream, except the last bite. Or when someone sneaks into your room and steals money out of your piggy bank. Or someone borrows something that isn't theirs without asking. Or someone uses something that you gave them to use and then attempts to sell it, as if you couldn't sell it and get the money for it yourself.
That kind of behavior is sneaky and annoying, and if they thought that you would be alright with it, they would simply ask or do whatever it is in front of you.
I'm the kind of person that would probably give someone what they wanted if they asked. Yes, you may have the last of my ice cream. Or yes, I will give you some coins from my piggy bank. Or yes, you can borrow my flat iron, or my purse, or my scrapbook scissors, or whatever.
But I don't like feeling like someone is taking something from me. Taking something of mine. Stealing something of mine!
I don't mind sharing, but when people take things, it can make sharing a burden, when it really should be a joy.
No comments:
Post a Comment